동영상이 상당히 고화질이라서.. 로딩하는데 시간이 걸립니다. 잠시만 기다려주세요.
- Hugo Ortega
It seems as though things are really heating up, and boy am I not talking about the Sydney weather. What I am talking about is a new breed of device dubbed the Ultra Portables. Not to add to the confusion but rather my intention is to create some distinction. UMPC seems to be a term we are familiar with while Ultra Portable PCs (UPPC) are a fairly new breed of device which seem to favor smaller screen sizes and tend to consider themselves pocketable! Two of the UPPC most talked about are the OQO model 02 and more recently the Raon Digital EVERUN.
This InkShow is designed to focus on just how mobile UPPC really make you. With highlights from in my living room, in my car, and at the beach, this InkShow should help you see why Ultra Portables are really worth exploring. Up to this stage I haven't been convinced that UMPC are true companion devices but I believe things may be changing. I have been lucky enough to own an EVERUN for just on two weeks and found it to be quite addictive. Since unboxing it in my vehicle (while sitting outside the FedEX terminal) I have used it with Google Maps, I have lunched while being entertained by YouTube and more recently played with it as a primary phone!
These devices are revolutionizing the way I travel, the way I communicate and most importantly the way I interact with my technology. No matter what Rob Bushway says, these pocket sized device can be carried around more easily and yes some of you will indeed put them in your pocket too! With devices this small, this powerful and this much fun I truly believe mobile PCs are the future!
Here are some general comments:
Battery life with no WAN enabled is over 6hrs, and with it switched ON it is just under 5hrs (surprisingly not much difference.)
- Outdoor viewability is good and comparable to a Q1U but not an OQO model 02.
- Speakers are are poor but bearable.
- The EVERUN is capable of "Inking" but there are obvious smearing issues as the screen tends favor finger input and not the pen.
- I could not get Bluetooth to work successfully with a headset so I couldn't test the hands-free phone capabilities.
Machine specs (as tested):
- Windows® XP™ Home Edition
- CPU: 600MHz AMD Geode LX 900
- System Memory: 512MB SO-DIMM DDR400
- HDD: 60GB, 4200rpm (NO 6GB SSD however Raon has confirmed this will be released)
- Display: 4.8" Touch screen TFT LCD
- Networking: Wireless 802.11b/g, Bluetooth 2.0 and HSDPA (High Speed Downlink Packet Access) WAN.
Don't delay...press play and make your own mind up!
일단은 긍정적인 반응으로 리뷰를 하고 있습니다.
차후 리뷰가 나오게 되면 어떻게 전개가 될지 궁금합니다.
'영문 번역 뉴스' 카테고리의 다른 글
|Asus의 새로운 UMPC R3 (4)||2007.09.21|
|후지쯔 U1010 HSDPA 내장모델 출시 (2)||2007.09.20|
|대만 HTC SHIFT 의 공식 스펙 공개 (4)||2007.09.09|
|UMPC 에버런 SSD 탑재된 모델 해외 리뷰 소개 (4)||2007.08.21|
|대만제조사의 새로운 "UMPC HTC" (4)||2007.08.19|
|Q1p, Kohjinsha SH6, Everun S30S, Q1b 를 만나보다. (10)||2007.08.11|
|에버런에서 슬링박스 구동하는 동영상 (4)||2007.08.05|
|UMPC 에버런(Everun) umpcportal.com review 한글해석판 (최재혁) (1)||2007.07.18|
|VIA NanoBook UMPC Video Tour ($600) (2)||2007.07.05|
|UMPC 에버런(Everun) Hugo Ortega phones his wife using (2)||2007.07.03|